*TLA Battle Report* New Lurtz VS New Dain

For all your heroic war stories.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

*TLA Battle Report* New Lurtz VS New Dain

Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:48 am

500 points Freddie vs Jake (Darknife on here)

We did another game with the TLA Updated Profiles. I used Dwarfs and this time Jake used the Urukhai.
Here are the ones we tested: The Dain with his now slightly less buff piggy.
I took less ram riders, because 10 was way too much. This meant I had lots of points for Khazad guards.
Jake took Lurtz, Raid Leader of Isengard and a War Horn on an urukhai, so I think he had about 7 less Urukhai than normal for 500 points.

DAIN IRONFOOT THE WARRIOR KING 155
Riding Armoured Hog

4 DWARF RAM RIDERS 76
Shields and Lances
8 KHAZAD GUARDS

DWARF CAPTAIN 65 pts
With Shield
4 KHAZAD GUARDS
4 Dwarf Ranger + Dwarf Longbow
1 Dwarf Warrior + Banner 25

21 Men 2 Heroes

Lurtz, Raid Leader of Isengard 110 pts
8 Uruk-hai Warrior, 120 pts = 12 * 10 (base cost 9 + Shield 1)
4 Uruk-hai Warrior, 40 pts = 4 * 10 (base cost 9 + Pike 1)

Sharku, 60 pts = (base cost 45 + Warg 10 + Shield 5)
4 Uruk-hai Warrior, 40 pts = 4 * 10 (base cost 9 + Pike 1)
4 Warg Rider, 52 pts = 4 * 13 (base cost 12 + Shield 1)

Vrasku, 60 pts
2 Uruk-hai Warrior, 22 pts = 2 * 11 (base cost 9 + Crossbow 2)
Uruk-hai Warrior with shield and horn

23 Men 3 Heroes

THE HIGH GROUND :: random

This was a fun scenario, with the hill in the middle we started in each others faces. Combat started turn 1 of course, so Lrutz didnt get to use his new bow skill but at least did throw his shield at a dwarf (no wound). The fight was pretty fair because KG own Uruks but Uruks had some pikes. Dain killed 2 this turn without a sweat, while warg riders were going around the lines to try kill my banner. I sent my cavalry off to try stop them and vrasku killed one with crossbows next turn.

The fight got brutal, Lurtz used might to kill a KG with a throwing weapon and then another to kill in combat but Dain was still ahead. The wargs did get to the banner because of Sharku's heroic charge, but I split the combat with a Rider and the KG were wearing the isengards down.
The banner was dropped next turn, but that was Sharku and most heroes out of might, and by then the lines were all jumbled together and pikes were fighting on the front so I didn't need it as much.

Isengard broke first, and they got the benefit of the warhorn for the turn so I shot all my arrows at it but couldnt kill it. The game ended at the end of the next turn when we random rolled a 2, and the score was a win to my dwarfs who had 2 more models on the hill and were still 1 or 2 away from broken.

It was a good game, Jake said he'd never had more fun with Lurtz. He didn't kill as much as Dain but he was definitely a good hero.
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Villager

Re: *TLA Battle Report* New Lurtz VS New Dain

Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:49 am

Also we saw that Lurtz has a photo on the High Ground page, which meant it was Fate to play this one :)
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Return to Battle Reports