Durak's Painting Log

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Durak's Painting Log

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Gah! You know what bugs me about this log? The pics are blocked from my work! :(

I'll take a look when I get off

Standard Bearer

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Your painting would put most GW staff to shame

and a large percentage of wargamers in general.
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Villager

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:59 am

They are some of the best looking Dwarves I have ever seen :o
love the colour scheme and that Banner Bearer is simply AMAZING.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Standard Bearer

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 pm

it is strange, I painted my dwarves back when they originaly came out (just metals and dwarf kings, and stuff) and did a ultra marines blue with shadow grey combo color scheme. and since then it seams that everyone has made a blue color scheme. I think it is more popular than green. So when I get around to painting all the dwarves I bought with the Kazad release and this new release, I will have to come up with something else to break away from it. Not that blue is bad, but maybe time to do a red scheme, Moria goblins have to get all that red cloth from somewhere right? anyway, these are very well painted dwarves and have made me look forward more to painting my army in the future.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Villager

Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:52 pm

I originaly did the studio green way back when there was only metal figures and balin just came out, but thankfully I only did a few and lost intrest. When Khazad-dum was released and I gained more interest, I really liked the blue scheme for Erebor, though at the time only had Privateer Press' middle and lighter blue colors and so used those instead of a deeper blue. Funny enough I'm now moving into a deeper blue range and looking to start doing more "traveling" dwarves with browns and deep grey's. I'll probably pick up another box of dwarves for that and add gear like bags and sleep-rolls as well as "wood" shields similar to the Durin's Folk color scheme. The darker blue will unify the dwarves, and they'll probably turn out looking like the two rangers I posted. Reminds me I need to photograph the four rangers I painted a couple weeks ago. Knew I was forgetting something!
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Villager

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Thread Necromancy: GO!

I will try to photograph the stuff I mentioned several years ago and get the four Grim Hammers I did up last week as well. The last Hobbit movie got me inspired again, though I have to balance this with my real life family commitments and big stumpy robot painting commitments (BattleTech commissions and product painting)

Standard Bearer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:05 am

Sounds like a great idea. Glad you are still painting dwarves. I have decided after I finish my bolg to push all my orcs aside and start doing my dwarves and work on my dwarven terrain project for this year. So I can't wait to see more of your schemes and the traveling dwarves you mentioned before.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Villager

Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Okay, as promised, more Dwarves:

Honestly, these guys are the first ones I've painted in several years. I was working on some Isenguard forces as well, but took my 50+ fully painted Dwarves + Gandalf the Grey to a local GW "Armies on Parade" only to be the butt of several 40k and Fantasy players on going jokes. My interests wandered to 40k, Privateer Press and then back to my first love (and game I paint for) BattleTech.

That said, here's my scout Uruk's who are going to be Mauhur Marauders. I need to finish the shield-less guys as their bases aren't done and their hair/black leather isn't done either on their heads. I'm also going to repaint all of the lower bases the light brown of the Grim Hammers just because.

Squire

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:36 am

I feel that there shouldn't be any blue on uruk-hais. And that is probably why it looks so cool.

Villager

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Hmm, the Uruk's head dress is "black" aka black with greying highlights. Though someone on one-ring said the same thing so maybe it's my photos? Odd! :)

PreviousNext
Return to Painting