Fëanor's Painting Blog (Updated January 17 - various)

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Fëanor's Painting Blog (Updated January 17 - various)

Postby Fëanor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:11 am

Hi guys,
I will use this topic to post some of my painted models. I will update this irregularly as I don't paint very often anymore.
Anyway, here's a Cart made by Warlord Games I finished a week ago. The model is in fact made for Romans or Celts (the cart driver is a Celtic man), but I thought I could use it. It will become especially usefull for my campaigns (I still work on some rules sometimes).
I'm going to use the model for my Gondorians or Rohirrim, or in fact any other human realm that is considered Good. Heck, I could even use it for my Evil Men and say the driver is an enslaved Gondorian!
The entire model is metal, and can be bought here: http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/roman-ac ... s-69-c.asp
I have used a normal 25mm base for the driver, but I have made the base for the Cart myself, using plastic card. I have not glued the driver and the cart to the mules, so that I can keep them seperate (when the cart is destroyed in the game).
So, here's the finished model!

EDIT: for some reason, I can't get the pictures fitting on the site. I've edited the pics so that you can click it to see the full one.
Last edited by Fëanor on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"
Fëanor
Standard Bearer

Re: Fëanor's Painting Blog (pic heavy): 01 - Cart

Postby feanorthenoldor » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:38 pm

wow that looks very good! The drybrushing makes it look very realistic!

Keep up the good work!
feanorthenoldor
Villager

Postby Coën » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Looking good!
And nice to see you painting once more. ;)
I especially like the muted colours, very realistic.
Those tracks are also a nice touch.
Coën
Standard Bearer

Postby Sithious » Sun May 01, 2011 2:30 am

very nice work. i know wheels for wagons (or chariots) are a pain in the donkey. And that is a very nice versatile piece...get those suplies to _______ (insert shire for bilbo's birthdy, gondor, helms deep, whatever) opens up a few scenario ops. The wonders of middle earth are the details that don't make gret story telling but we have to assume they are there. with all the gondor cities there must be established trade, and with dwarves making weapons and armor they have to sell it for gold, elves may stick to themselves but they obviously have a bit of wanderlust, they just move about amongst each other and we dont see them. anyway (rambling) nice to see some peasants out there. have any scale shots with a LOTR model?
I have some peasants still to paint, I only have my peasant woman, a begger and a blacksmith done so far, but I have a few other blisters from the reaper townsfolk line which are pretty good and cheep.
I may have to get that model your showing to add to those.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/
Sithious
Standard Bearer

Postby Fëanor » Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks guys! ;)

@ Sithious: I didn't think the wheels were too much of a problem. Just drybrushed them and picked out the metal parts.
Yes, the model is very versatile, and therefore I like it even better! I can use for all Good Man races of all times.
I don't have any scale shots yet, but the scale is perfect compared to GW's models. I'll take some photo's soon. ;)
I'm curious about your villagers. Could you post pics in your own topic? I'm always looking for some nice civilians, but nice ones are very, very rare. I'll take a look at Reaper's though.

By the way, I've playtested my rules for the Cart today with Coen, and once I've finished them, I can put them up. I need to change some of the wording, but it should be done soon. It will be part of my Map Campaign Fan Supplement.
Fëanor
Standard Bearer

Postby Sithious » Mon May 02, 2011 12:46 am

put the pic of the townsfolk up for ya.
Sithious
Standard Bearer

Re: Fëanor's Painting Blog (Updated 20/3 - Pack Donkeys)

Postby Fëanor » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:18 pm

So, instead of making a new thread, I thought I'd just dig up my old one.

Anyway, I recently finished my 2 pack donkeys for my baggage train. The models are from Warlord Games and I bought them to be able to make a baggage train along with the Cart above. The cart and the donkeys (mules called by Warlord Games, but I prefer donkeys in Middle-earth) are perfect for Gondor, Rohan, Bree or in fact any civilized human realm. The donkeys on their own could also be used by Dwarves and Hobbits.

Fëanor
Standard Bearer

Postby Sithious » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 am

those look good...Having three donkeys on the farm here I have trouble picturing them being good pack animals...they are pretty stubborn creatures. ha ha. those are good models though, great job.
Sithious
Standard Bearer

Postby Lord Hyper » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 am

Non-military things like that really add character to the game and make you realise, it's not always a battlefield, it's a place where people live ect..
Lord Hyper
Standard Bearer

Postby Prime505 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:40 am

these are all very cool, would make for some interesting scenarios.
Prime505
Squire

Next

Return to Painting