Skorro's Moria Goblins

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Skorro's Moria Goblins

Postby Skorro » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi All,

Just posted these on The One Ring and thought some of you might be interested as well. I have a number of additonal photos and information on my blog.

You can find my blog at Triple Zero Painting http://triplezeropainting.wordpress.com/

Cheers,
Skorro.
Skorro
Villager

Re: Skorro's Moria Goblins

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Those Moria Goblins are awesome, reminds me I've got to (re)paint up mine at some point (hopefully before the 2020 Olympics :lol: )
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Postby Lord Hyper » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:05 am

They look amazing! I love the detail of the eyes especially! Also where did you get that hammer?
Lord Hyper
Standard Bearer

Postby Prime505 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:46 am

neat!
also awesome picture quality.
Prime505
Squire

Postby Skorro » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks for all the compliments!

Prime505: I have a half decent point and shoot (Canon SD790) and I use the two lamps I use to paint with, as well as that blue bristol board background. I have to admit, I like taking the photos almost as much as painting them.

Lord Hyper: I got the hammer and a lot of other weapons from Thunderbolt Mountain http://www.thunderboltmountain.com/. I bought a bunch of them a while back, they are handy for adding a little more variety into your rank and file, or replacing broken weapons. Here are some shots of what I still have.

Skorro
Villager

Postby Osgiliath Veteran » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Keep on going with your goblins as you have so many weapons for them! :) they really look nice
Osgiliath Veteran
Squire

Postby Skorro » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:56 am

Believe it or not those are all left overs. However, they are really handy to have around in case you snap off a plastic weapon. I actually have two of the polearms on two elves of the last alliance that I snapped the swords off of.
Skorro
Villager

Postby HorseRidingManOrc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:57 am

Very nice.
HorseRidingManOrc
Villager

Postby Sparedbile » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 am

Did you replace the entire spear of the goblin with the hammer? And how is the balance with the metal weapons? Do the models tip a lot?
Sparedbile
Villager

Postby Skorro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 am

Sparedbile wrote:Did you replace the entire spear of the goblin with the hammer? And how is the balance with the metal weapons? Do the models tip a lot?

For the majority of them I only replaced the front half, much easier to do. Thankfully the shaft sizes were very similar so there isn't much difference. On the larger spears and poleaxes I did replace the whole thing. The balance is fine, except for the ones with the poleaxes. They aren't horrible, but very easy to knock over by brushing against them. This guy is a good example:
Skorro
Villager

Next

Return to Painting