Skorro's Moria Goblins

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Re: Skorro's Moria Goblins

Postby Sithious » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 am

Great variety on the conversions, and excellent painting. Great work all around.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/
Sithious
Standard Bearer

Postby Antonio_13 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:20 am

These look great, I may have to pick up some of those weapon packs. They look like a great way to convert cheaper osgiliath vets and the polearms could be used for axemen of lossernach, as well as just adding more variety to rank and file.
Antonio_13
Squire

Postby Ryan Gree » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Brilliant work mate. I'm afraid I'm going to have to copy you in adding the weapons to my own Gobbos now! :D :D :D
Ryan Gree
Villager

Postby Skorro » Wed May 09, 2012 1:02 am

Many moons later I have finally gotten around to posting a walkthrough of painting my Moria Goblins. I decided it was worth doing based on how many hits my blog gets for "how to paint moria goblins." So unless there is one person who keeps searching that topic, I think a few people may be interested.

I went way overboard on the number of photos, and unfortunately I couldn't find a way to get Wordpress to display them in one gallery while still allowing me to write inbetween, so each set of three photos is its own gallery.

http://triplezeropainting.com/2012/05/07/how-to-paint-moria-goblins/

Cheers,
Skorro
Skorro
Villager

Postby JornOvera » Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Nice work! A lot of variation in there. I like the contrast on the armour as well. Out of interest, where did you get the bow and arrow packs from? I followed the first link and could only find hand-weapons.
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"
JornOvera
Squire

Postby Skorro » Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 pm

JornOvera wrote:Nice work! A lot of variation in there. I like the contrast on the armour as well. Out of interest, where did you get the bow and arrow packs from? I followed the first link and could only find hand-weapons.

Hmm, looks like they are missing. So are the poleaxes. I wonder if he stopped offering them or they just got lost in the move to his new site. I did buy them a number of years ago. Might try emailing him to see if he still offers them.
Skorro
Villager

Postby JornOvera » Thu May 10, 2012 11:46 am

Alright, cool. I'm looking into additional weapon kits so I can convert quite a few of my models to archers. I've managed to find bows, but I can't find any quivers, and I don't fancy making them from green-stuff, etc. Do you know any other sites that sell them?
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"
JornOvera
Squire

Previous

Return to Painting