Eldarion's LotR Blog [updated 14/05/12]

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: True to Tolkien Arnor colour schemes

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 am

It was early third age when angmar made it's assaults against arnor (assuming that the Last alliance signified the end of the second age, which i'm not quite sure about).
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Standard Bearer

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Yes, early Third Age. I understand that Arnor wasn't founded until the end of the Second Age, and even then it was part of the unified Numenorian empire of Gondor and Arnor.

Squire

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I just bought 10 plastic numenorians for 5 euro on ebay....... (lol really unbelievable !!!!)
I'll just buy the tla set for my Bday and have 18 numenorians which I will hapilly convert to arnorians....

I was going to paint their cloaks green though I am not going to add a breastplate, prefer how the model already looks like.....

About Arnor; Arnor was destroyed by Angmar in the early years of the third age, after Sauron's defeat and the Disaster at Gladden Fields.
Arnorians were infact numenorians, though having a ''different colour scheme'' ....... I find a dark green suiting the arnorians.
The last remenants of arnorians became dunedain......... (rangers of arnor, protectors of the shire...)

I personally cannot understand how on earth in such a short time ( from victory in mordor to fall of arnor) how arnorians managed to change their look completely wearing silly turbuns with nice features...... :roll: Oh well, the usual gw rubbish

Squire

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm

GandalfMz wrote:
I personally cannot understand how on earth in such a short time ( from victory in mordor to fall of arnor) how arnorians managed to change their look completely wearing silly turbuns with nice features...... :roll: Oh well, the usual gw rubbish

Short time? The time between the two events you mentioned is nearly 2,000 years. Last time I checked, modern soldiers looked pretty different from
Romans...

Standard Bearer

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:19 am

Between the death of Isildur and the fall of Arnor Gondor and Arnor had split into two seperate kindoms.

Squire

Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 am

Eldarion Telcontar wrote:Between the death of Isildur and the fall of Arnor Gondor and Arnor had split into two seperate kindoms.

Not to mention that Arnor was further split still, dividing into the three kingdoms of Arthedain, Rhudaur and Cardolan.

Squire

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:25 am

Orodruin wrote:Short time? The time between the two events you mentioned is nearly 2,000 years. Last time I checked, modern soldiers looked pretty different from
Romans...

Yep, sry there made a ''small'' error :oops: ..... still..... I don't see many mordern day soldiers wearing features...... :roll: :)

What I meant to say in my previous post is that arnorians resemble more gondorians than numenorians...... in my opinion they should resemble more the numenorians though this is arguable.

Squire

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 pm

I understand your point, and I think its one that could certainly be argued for. As Arnor divided quite early in its history, and reached the peak of its power earlier then Gondor as well. It would make sense that their armour had not developed to be as unique as that of the Gondorians. :)

Standard Bearer

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I'd convert womt for them,

or numenorians, but mine will be Pelagiran wardens led by the Marshal and the Harbourmaster.
They'll ally with my (future) Dol Amroth Swan Knight Imrahilian army
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost.

I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and with my life I will protect you...

From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring.

Anduril! Anduril goes to war!

Standard Bearer

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:37 pm

If I ever start WoTR and expand my Arnor army, then I will convert plastic WoMT. But for the time being I only SBG so I don't need many (maybe around 15). And I rather like the Arnor models :oops:

I've been testing out colour schemes, and I think I may just go with green after all, as I like the look of it. However, I will be using a darker shade of green than GW's. I'm using Orkhide shade as a basecoat, and I might highlight with Dark Angels green, or a lighter mix of the Orkhide.

PreviousNext
Return to Painting