Brushstroke's Painting Jibber Jabber

For all painting related discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Brushstroke's Painting Jibber Jabber

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:48 am

Hey everyone :)

Somehow I have only just managed to discover this site and now I have, I thought I would start a little topic to show my work so far and future progress.

I suppose it’s probably best to do a little intro about me first to set your expectations.
I've been painting for just over a year now so I’m still pretty new to this painting / gaming thang… and still consider myself a keen novice. I enjoy experimenting and trying new techniques and learning new things though...

so, here's my painting so far... would be great to hear what you think :D

Villager

Re: Brushstroke's Painting Jibber Jabber

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:50 am

My first LOTR mini was the brilliant war mumak of Harad set, which my 6 year old daughter got me for fathers day

One of the best bits of this kit is the awesome base it comes with... I chose to go with a desert theme for it
Last edited by BrushStroke on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:56 am

Next came some Haradrim raiders to start to build my Harad army

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi Brushstroke
WOW Awesome & you say you have only been painting for a year, yikes if I could paint even close to your minis I would be quite happy. Really great work keep the photos coming, can't wait to see more of your work.
Cheers Woodelf (Steve)

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks Steve :)
Yes, just over a year and the pics so far are from that first year.... Just about to upload a few more pics of stuff after my Harad raiders....

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Following the Haradrim raiders I moved on to painting a hero for my army.
In particular, the Golden King of Harad
(for some reason I’ve really struggled to get acceptable photos of this mini)

Just for fun, I even tried my hand at a tiny bit of sculpting too

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:44 pm

After the king it was time for his royal guard in the form of some Abrakhan guards.
These are basically hired mercenaries… So I decided it would be nice to have them wear the King’s blue to show they were his personal guards, making them unique in my army colour scheme

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:48 pm

So, by now I was getting a little bored with painting Haradrim and fancied doing something a bit different… which led me to painting this just for fun.

I call it, “Bad day to be a uruk hai” :D

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:25 pm

My rabbit obsessed daughter picked a new miniature as a gift, so I thought I’d use it as the excuse to try and learn some new scenery techniques. Namely, could I make a tree and model water?

I figured I start with the tree and remembered seeing somewhere someone had made a decent looking tree from some copper wire and clay.
So, I stripped some cable I bought from a hardware shop and twisted it into something resembling a tree

Villager

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Unfortunately I don’t have photos of every step of the project, but I covered the wire tree in clay and added it to my base and primed it for painting

the plan was to make the channel down the middle a stream with clear resin water so the bottom was still visible and look as real as I could make it

Next
Return to Painting