Warhammer Fortafied manor, size?

For all terrain based discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Warhammer Fortafied manor, size?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey all, im considering getting the forafied manor from the warhammer range, as it seems pretty good value for money for a change, its £40 in the UK, and i think i can constuct it in such a way as i can combine the building to make the full manor, or seperate the building to be a watchtower and a house, might need some pinning but not so worried about that, just wondering if anyone had the model, and what their opinons were.

for thoese who dont know what im talking about its on the GW website

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1095517

thanks in addvance

beaner
Life In Eternal Sunshine-Lies

Standard Bearer

Re: Warhammer Fortafied manor, size?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Not a good idea IMO. The scales for Warhammer and LoTR are comepletely different. LoTR models would look odd when set next next to the fortified manor.

Run a search on amazon.co.uk for Lord of the Rings terrrain. There are a lot of interesting terrain pieces by 3rd party companies that look more appropriate scale-wise for the LoTR.

Squire

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 pm

@ eldarion telcontar, i think he is just purchasing it to use with his warhammer armies ;)
I play
LOTR SBG: Gondor, Mordor, Isengard, Lothlorien
WH40k: Imperial Guard
WHFB: Bretonnia, Empire
Flames of War: German Grenadiers, German Armor, US Paratroopers, US Rifle Company, US Armor
Dystopian Wars: Prussia

Standard Bearer

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:22 pm

oh, well in that case shouldn't this thread be in the Off Topic section?

For Warhammer its an awesome model. In the December theres a great article on how someone in the GW Studio converted a fortified Outpost/Inn from it.

Warrior

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:53 pm

im thinking of using it in both, whilst i know the scale is different i was trying to figure out how much this would be apprent with the manor.

for example the warhammer castle still works pretty well with lord of the rings models.

problem was i was in a GW store today and forget to check! DUH!

Beaner
Life In Eternal Sunshine-Lies

Ranger

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:24 pm

I have heard of a couple of attempts to convert the Warhammer buildings to LOTR-suitable terrain pieces. Apparently the effort to remove skulls and other inappropriate details was not worth it.

Having seen the model in person, albeit with Warhammer armies around it, I would hesitate to say that the scale is too different to be unusable. Not all buildings are universal sizes and build styles, so different-sized doors should not be a bar to employing them alongside other buildings. My own reservations would concern the cost, awful design ('windows' in the courtyard wall, etc.) and effort to paint up and model. The latter may not be a problem for someone who enjoys modelling and painting, of course!

Return to Terrain