Can't wait for a future battle report!

Villager

Re: Goblin town - anyone post here

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 pm

These look so awesome! I need to get in on this

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:04 am

So I have made a bunch modular walkways that can be used to connect the different segments in almost any variety thought of. I made several different sizes, multiple extra's, and as the scaffolding is also modular, there are so many options to set this up that I hope I won't get bored. Now just have to make some crates, torches, bone debris, a couple dwarf pillars at 12" high to help hold the next level, a stairway, and a manual crane for kicks...those can be added at leisure while I get some goblin and dwarf painting done... So far has been fun to make this.
Last edited by Sithious on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:07 am

The pictures are broken. :cry:

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:46 am

Patience...all my pictures are broken, must be Webs.com not my links.
edit - I did a temp repair by taking out the www. part of the links for now as webs is having an issue at the moment.
So you can see my website at sithious.webs.com

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 am

Holy crap... I beg of you to supply us with a battle report.

Squire

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 am

I love the layout and the height! Looks a bit too "clean" as far as the planks and straight scaffolding; too neat to be Orcish in my opinion, but very, very well done. I'm sure once painted, it won't look like the Gobbo's went to Home Depot to get their building lumber. :D *just kidding*

I'll be updating soon enough with my version. Just need the table to set things on for further building and pictures.

Standard Bearer

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

I did break off most of the lengths instead of cutting them, and they are not all exact lengths either, alot of splintering too. At scale of 1" = 6' I think that it would look pretty rough if we could shrink down to size.
But the goblin king was pretty inteligent, he knew names of swords by appearance alone, knew Thorin's history and him by sight...too bad he never heard of soap and clothing. ha ha
But perhaps while he was studying up on the lore of Middle Earth he took time to read up on hand planes, mitir saws, and other wood making tricks, the immense place sure had alot more wood than most Carpenters slap together in a career, experience alone would give goblins an edge over most human builders.
But yes, perhaps when it is strewn with cut up WH skeletons, rocks and broken boards, rope lengths, and debris and painted up it will change the clean wood look of it a bit. Or perhaps when the Dwarven pillars are placed it will look more like an old Dwarf mine and then it won't look clean enough as master builders would not skimp on scaffold supplies. all in good fun, looks like fun to play on for me... anyone from TLA is welcome to come by for a match anytime.
oh and also, since I don't have clamps and had to glue this together mostly leaning on books or holding it, I don't think there is a square angle in the whole thing. :D I did try though.

Warrior

Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Perhaps add some planks underneath the gangway running at a diagnonal to the shape of the walkway.
Also if you got some shields, doors, bones then it would add some character.

I love this project. It is truely worthy of Morgoth.

Villager

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:31 am

Hey Sithous, loving your work so far but it looks really clean. Are you going to be hacking at it when it is finished or show damage through paint?

PreviousNext
Return to Terrain