The complete construction of a 28mm Minas Tirith

For all terrain based discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

The complete construction of a 28mm Minas Tirith

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:35 pm

As I made Minas Tirith I photographed from start to finish. It took about 7 weeks or so. I did a lot of reading and learned some stuff for a few weeks before I started. It is made out of extruded foam and Styrofoam, except for the GamesWorkshop Minas Tirith walls I used ( gave me a reason to buy some sets). Anyways, it is very pic heavy, but I enjoy looking back at the work I had to do to make my dream come true of having the battle of Pelennor Fields with Minas Tirith in the game. Also I wanted to post the pics in the case of someone else wanting to try to make something out of extruded foam. When I was looking there was not too many sites offering help. Minas Tirith is large, so not many people have the space, which is understandable. I have a large garage for my gaming, and my weakness is siege warfare...so I have lots of castles and cities. Making things out of foam isn't as hard as it seems. Keep in mind, I consider myself a complete rookie, and think my stuff is ok. There are way too many more people that do it so much better than myself. But I am happy with my results.
http://tidesofwargaming.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-construction-of-28mm-minas-tirith.html

Thank you for looking.

Tom

ps, I have also listed most of my LOTR armies I have painted this week over the past few years.
Jagermiester its not just for breakfast....

Villager

Re: The complete construction of a 28mm Minas Tirith

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Looks very good. I have learned a lot reviewing the blog. I need to finish up Moria so I can start on a Deeping Wall!
Who is so wise in the ways of science?

Standard Bearer

Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:34 am

I love the fact that you have made multiple levels, enough space for Denethor to jump off to his flaming death!

Squire

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:04 am

That's really amazing. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can commit to a project that big. Also, I really like your other displays! Is that a scout trooper uniform I saw?
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"

Villager

Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Amazing stuff, wish I had the space and time for a project like this!

Return to Terrain