THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

For all terrain based discussions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

User avatar
Villager
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Wow. That rider is just wow!
I am still going to enter this , but compared to you I am a kindergarten finger painter hahah
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Villager
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:05 pm

I was going to make a catapult troll until I realized that profile was in a different fan-made supplement :(

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:20 pm

You can enter any larger models in the other category
===OPEN: LARGER ENTRIES===

If you literally mean a 'catapult troll', ie a troll with catapult equipment on it rather than a troll crewmember for a catapult warband, then it can still be entered in the Larger Entries category, and would just be a conversion. This is a painting rather than conversion competition, but even so if it looks great I doubt it will lose votes just for being different.

User avatar
Squire
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:52 am

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:27 am

I'm looking forward to participating in this challenge. It's been ages since I painted for a competition! :D I won't be able to join until late December when I finish up this semester at college. :) Good luck to all!!
My WIP page: Click Here! -->So It Begins

Current Project: Dragon - Cave Trolls - Goblins

User avatar
Squire
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:40 am

Count me in!

Some little questions:

I'm currently working on Radagast the brown on Sleigh, can I enter with him?
Must I post a picture proof (the miniature "pre-painted")?
In which category must I enter with him: Competition: LOTR/HOBBIT: SINGLE MODEL or Competition: OPEN: LARGER ENTRIES?

Squire
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:04 am

I can put models painted in the past, who may have participated in other competitions online. O shall be prepared in time of the Contest.

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:41 pm

werner wrote: I'm currently working on Radagast the brown on Sleigh, can I enter with him?
Must I post a picture proof (the miniature "pre-painted")?
In which category must I enter with him: Competition: LOTR/HOBBIT: SINGLE MODEL or Competition: OPEN: LARGER ENTRIES?


Yes you can enter Radagast.
No proof is required - it's all on trust.
The model on a sleigh should go into Larger Entries.

Thanks for joining in, and I look forward to seeing it.

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1038
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:15 am

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Bombur wrote:I can put models painted in the past, who may have participated in other competitions online. O shall be prepared in time of the Contest.


Hi Bombur
The models should be finished during the competition period, between now and Jan 31st. It would need to be new, and not one from a past contest.
Thanks

User avatar
Standard Bearer
 
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:48 am
Location: Massachusettes, USA

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Love the comeback TLA competition. I think prizes will bring a lot of attention back here to this site. I just moved and I am unpacked, but I doubt I will have time to paint for this competition but I will try for the end of the month (have vacation) wither way I am happy to watch and see many great painters already joining in the forums again.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

User avatar
Squire
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:27 am

Re: THE LAST ALLIANCE PAINTING COMPETITION : Jan 2016

Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:55 am

Sithious wrote:Love the comeback TLA competition. I think prizes will bring a lot of attention back here to this site. I just moved and I am unpacked, but I doubt I will have time to paint for this competition but I will try for the end of the month (have vacation) wither way I am happy to watch and see many great painters already joining in the forums again.

I agree. Some great artists are on here!
it is such an inspiration
I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.

PreviousNext
Return to Terrain

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests