White Warg/Narzug mtd./Young Azog

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

White Warg/Narzug mtd./Young Azog

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:23 am

So GW was going to provide me with a separate 50mm base for me to put my White Warg on. Turns out that Customer Service ended up sending me a complete Azog model, and as such, I received more than I expected.
Having received it, it opened up some possibilities for conversions. Having a Wild Warg Chieftain around provided me with a body. I intended on using it for my White Warg anyway, but this meant I could use the actual White Warg head rather than just one from a plastic Fell Warg. This left me with an Azog torso, and a headless White Warg with Azog's legs on it. Since one scenario in the rulebook requires a mounted Narzug, and since there is no model for him (yet), I got a second Narzug and put him on Azog's torso. The leg armour is different (metal rather than fur) but that doesn't bother me all that much. A new quiver (from the Hunter Orcs on Fell Wargs kit) and a plastic Fell Warg head (from the same kit) later, I had all the bits I needed for mounted Narzug.
Having legs left, I decided to put Azog's torso on Narzug's legs. I wanted him to have two arms (no chicken paw), and an Uruk-hai scout was kind enough to donate his hand. Since I had no Dwarven heads left, I decided Azog should hold the head of a disobedient follower.
Azog might end up receiving a head swap and becoming a Hunter Orc captain, since he is smaller than regular Azog on foot, though.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Standard Bearer

Re: White Warg/Narzug mtd./Young Azog

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:32 am

Some excellent conversions! Very kind of GW to send you an entire new Azog model!
Very cool! Looking forward to see them painted. :) I think Azog would be much cooler with a Dwarf head though, but this works too. Alternatively, you could also use a severed head from the plastic Troll box.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Warrior

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 am

I much more prefer this version of Azog on foot! No headswap needed imo.

Excellent conversions! Can't wait to see them painted!
Middle-Earth Monster Mash - 4th (Mordor+Harad)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash II - 4th (Galadhrim)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash III - 2nd (Thorin's Company)
Middle-Earth Monster Mash IV - 7th (Minas Morgul)

Warrior

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:09 pm

So you paid for a spare base (~$5) but got the whole mounted figure?! I guess they split up the box though - they didn't give you him on foot as well? :?

Oh, and great conversions by the way. ;)

Standard Bearer

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:34 am

What great conversions, I'd like to see more close ups when they are painted.

Squire

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:54 pm

They all look really good, well done. Using the warg cheif body for the martiarch was a very clever move.
- RIP Fimbul and Narzug -

Squire

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Have it painted yet?
Not the great goblin, the big goblin
Take a look at my W.I.P tread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7616&p=81441#p81441

Return to Conversions