Elven Shields

For all discussions on converting your miniatures and using suitable models from other manufacturers.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Elven Shields

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Has anyone had any background in putting shields on high elves? If you have pictures would be appreciated. I was hoping someone could explain how I could build elven shaped shields.

Squire

Re: Elven Shields

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Heres a link to some conversions I did a while back. The poses are a little awkward but I was happy enough with them, I'll do better next time I attempt them. Hit the link and scroll down. CLICK HERE

Group shot of the above lot HERE
A New Power is Rising!!

www.thedeadmarshes.com

Squire

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Very nice work DMS.

Standard Bearer

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:05 pm

DMS, it is always awesome when you promote and link to stuff I tend to forget where I saw it. :D

In addition to those pics, you may want to check into 'press mold' making and make up a few. There are some products available that will make reproduction of accessories very easy to do. As for 'making' one from scratch,
1- plasticard and a lot of fine sculpting.
2 - plasticard and a dremel/rotary tool to make the design.

I think if you had experience with those two processes then you would not be asking how to make them, instead you would tell us how. So the Press Mold option is probably the best bet for you to make some shields up. Then go to DMS's page and see how to best pose them. ;)
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Return to Conversions