Soviet Conversions (now painted)

For all discussions regarding Privateer Press, Mantic etc, including GW's other systems.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Soviet Conversions (now painted)

Postby Lord Hyper » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 am

Medic ones. THey are supposed to be carry machineguns, but I replaced it with some spare Soviets. What do you think?

Last edited by Lord Hyper on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Hyper
Standard Bearer

Re: Soviet Conversions

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Those are some rather incompetent medics, dragging their patients along like that :lol:. Nice conversion work though.
Eldarion Telcontar
Standard Bearer

Re: Soviet Conversions

Postby Lord Hyper » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:36 am

Haha thanks! This is a bit inspired by the scene in Saving Private Ryan when the guy on the beach drags a guy along but then an explosion happens and he realises hes dragging away a dead guy. The medics are basically just trying to drag their bodies to a safer place before operating on them. Although on the battle field it does look like they want to drag them all over the place haha.
Lord Hyper
Standard Bearer

Re: Soviet Conversions (now painted)

Postby Lord Hyper » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:24 am

Here they are painted. I've based two of them with a more rubble type and the other one grassy. I dont think the white works with the grass because it makes htem looks like sailors. Although I think I want to base my germans with a rubble base as well, but will rebasing all of them be worth it? Also will the grey uniforms of the germans make it more boring with a grey base as well?

Lord Hyper
Standard Bearer

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:40 pm

If the grey bases look a little bland, you break them up by adding small patches of Dead (Yellow) Grass. Its what I do for all of my LotR and 40K miniatures.
Eldarion Telcontar
Standard Bearer

Postby Prime505 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 am

Eldarion Telcontar wrote:If the grey bases look a little bland, you break them up by adding small patches of Dead (Yellow) Grass. Its what I do for all of my LotR and 40K miniatures.

You could also add red bricks, if it street fighting.. make some little bricks with some greenstuff. other possibility are to change the German uniforms slightly... could go with the classic movie green pants, grey tops or the reverse lol. personally i'm a big fan of autumn oak leaf pattern. What year are you going for and what season?
Attachments
bam_gerss_unit02.jpg
bam_gerss_unit02.jpg (127.19 KiB) Viewed 560 times
Prime505
Squire

Postby Lord Hyper » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 am

Thanks guys, I'll try out the dead grass thing. I'm not going for any particular year or season, i just want them to be uniformed and look good.
Lord Hyper
Standard Bearer

Return to Other Wargames