My Anglo-Saxon SAGA WIP.

For all discussions regarding Privateer Press, Mantic etc, including GW's other systems.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Re: My Anglo-Saxon SAGA WIP.

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Looking good so far, can't wait to see more, although I do agree a wash would make the model look a little less flat
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Re: My Anglo-Saxon SAGA WIP.

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:54 am

It did get a wash but because I was working with a limited paint palette (many of my paints are years old and dried out) I only had Scab Reb to work with - I was adding White to lighten it for highlights but it didn't give a good enough contrast. I've since however dug out my Flat Red Tamiya paint, and I mixed it with Scab Reb for a better highlight. I don't think you're supposed to mix Tamiya and Citadel paints as Tamiya is solvent based whereas Citadel is water based I believe. But it seems to have worked out. So I'm not going to mess with the red tunic any more.

The Green trousers I am satisfied with, and the metal hauburk has already had one wash of black - I might give it a second. The helmet needs repainting as I ruined it with a far too bright silver (Velejo Model Colour silver) - brighter than mihtril silver, believe it or not. The shield I have repainted Red (on a basecoat of white) rather than the original Dark Flesh, as I'm going to try and paint the Gold Wyvern of Wessex (King Alfred's kingdom).

I have also started my Anglo Danish warlord, and almost finished him in just 4 hours. :D He has a yellow tunic and sleeves, a green cloak with a white fur trim (like my Alfred), grey hair and mustache. I've really gone to town with him - I've even given him eyebrows! Worked out quite well I think. :D Next up is the eyes, the metal needs washing and highlighting, the scabbard and wooden haft of his axe need highlighting and then he needs flocking.

(this is not mine, its just an example of the model I'm talking about from Gripping Beasts website).
Eldarion Telcontar
Standard Bearer

Previous

Return to Other Wargames