Mantic Games

For all discussions regarding Privateer Press, Mantic etc, including GW's other systems.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Mantic Games

Postby balrogslayer » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:34 am

Thought I should post this link. This company is fairly new from what I understand but actually care about the people that play their games. I might give it a shot who knows, they are having a 50% sale (for new years I guess) so some of you WFB players might want to check them out.

http://www.manticgames.com/
All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given us.
-Gandalf The Grey
balrogslayer
Squire

Re: Mantic Games

Postby ukrocky » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:59 am

As well as being cheap and brilliant fantasy models, their 'Kings of War' rulesset is also really good.
ukrocky
Standard Bearer

Postby typhoon2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 am

I agree with Craig that the models are nice (for generic fantasy, that is - I don't play that genre but respect the quality). I also respect their enthusiasm and drive; those boys work hard.

Unfortunately, I consider Kings of War to be the worst set of rules I've ever encountered. Admittedly I lost interest at beta-test stage but I don't believe they've changed anything. They're over-simplistic, almost patronising, with one player over-worked and the other bored. I thought Alessio knew what he was doing but these rules are a major disappointment. All hail King Rick, the Rulewriter!
typhoon2
Ranger

Postby ukrocky » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I haven't actually played the rulesset but there's a lot of 7th edition fantasy rules in there which is why I think I'll like it!
ukrocky
Standard Bearer

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Looks good, thanks for posting the link balrogslayer (was just about to google it), considering buying some of the Undead stuff - does anyone know the scale or does it vary across their figures?

EDIT: Found the scale - it's 28mm.
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Postby ukrocky » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:51 am

Chris I have a bunch of mantic undead if you're interested in buying? :)

Also, there's a tournament at Maelstrom two weeks after GT (18th and 19th of Feb). Totally bought a ticket for it. Win.
ukrocky
Standard Bearer

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks for the offer ukrocky, but I've decided I'm not going to get an army yet (and will only build it up slowly) - hopefully there'll be February releases - as I want to reduce my backlog first (I found 16 multi-coloured Goblins in a box! :lol: )
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Return to Other Wargames