WINNER - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

For all TLA's competitions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Pick the winner of the competition:

Poll ended at Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Lord Hyper - Easterling Captain
0
No votes
Chris Guard of Mardat - Khamul the easterling
0
No votes
Isilduin - Shade
1
4%
Elentir - Círdan of the Havens
1
4%
Sithious - Berserker
6
24%
The White Hand - Theoden
15
60%
Wah Wing - Pippin
0
No votes
rheodon - Dulending warrior
0
No votes
Dînadan - Tom Bombadil
2
8%
 
Total votes : 25

WINNER - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby LonelyKnight » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Time to pick a winner!
Go to this thread to check out the entries: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4120
Then cast your vote!

The vote will be open for 14 days, you can change your vote if you wish to.
Good luck to all the entries.

EDIT:
The White Hand with his Theoden model wins the red competition!
User avatar
LonelyKnight
Standard Bearer
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

White Hand for sure. :D

What will the next Competition's theme be? I was going finish my King Alfred and submit it last night but got sidetracked with uni work...and Skyrim. :roll:
User avatar
Eldarion Telcontar
Standard Bearer
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, Durham

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby LonelyKnight » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Probably the type of theme Coen sugested this time.
Themed around equipment/function
Haven't picked one yet
Or we could have a christmas competition. If anyone has any sugestions on that use the "What to do with the Competitions?" thread
User avatar
LonelyKnight
Standard Bearer
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby Dead Marsh Spectre » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:51 pm

My Vote went to Isilduin.. the red shade is excellent!!!
A New Power is Rising!!

www.thedeadmarshes.com
User avatar
Dead Marsh Spectre
Squire
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 pm
Location: In the water............watching!!!

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby Stephen Tennyson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:55 am

Definitely Dinadan's Tom Bombadil, the rosey cheeks clinched it for me, looks like he's just been down the pub! :lol:
and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered and each time that he slew Hurin cried 'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive...
User avatar
Stephen Tennyson
Villager
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 am

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:19 am

LonelyKnight wrote:Probably the type of theme Coen sugested this time.
Themed around equipment/function
Haven't picked one yet
Or we could have a christmas competition. If anyone has any sugestions on that use the "What to do with the Competitions?" thread


If its equipment themed, how about a "Shieldwall" theme? i.e. models armed with shields from factions which typically use the Shieldwall formation (Gondor, Arnor, Rohan, and to a lesser extent Isengard, Dunland and Black Numenorians)...Or just models with shields to make it more inclusive. :)
User avatar
Eldarion Telcontar
Standard Bearer
 
Posts: 2609
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Newton Aycliffe, Durham

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby JornOvera » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Eldarion Telcontar wrote:If its equipment themed, how about a "Shieldwall" theme? i.e. models armed with shields from factions which typically use the Shieldwall formation (Gondor, Arnor, Rohan, and to a lesser extent Isengard, Dunland and Black Numenorians)...Or just models with shields to make it more inclusive.


If you make an Uruk-Hai testudo, do you win automatically?
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"
User avatar
JornOvera
Squire
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK.

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby Prime505 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:01 am

JornOvera wrote:
Eldarion Telcontar wrote:If its equipment themed, how about a "Shieldwall" theme? i.e. models armed with shields from factions which typically use the Shieldwall formation (Gondor, Arnor, Rohan, and to a lesser extent Isengard, Dunland and Black Numenorians)...Or just models with shields to make it more inclusive.


If you make an Uruk-Hai testudo, do you win automatically?


You get at least three awesome points... to spend on what you will.
User avatar
Prime505
Squire
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 am
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby LonelyKnight » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:19 pm

So what about 2 competitions?
1 just for models with Shields
And 1 for shieldwall formations
User avatar
LonelyKnight
Standard Bearer
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal

Re: VOTING - PAINTING COMPETITION 10-11/11

Postby JornOvera » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:18 am

Not that my current circumstances will let me enter anything, but it sounds good to me!
"That's impossible, there's no such thing as trolls."
"Then how do you explain all the dead unicorns?"
User avatar
JornOvera
Squire
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK.

Next

Return to Competitions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron