The desolation of smaug Miniatures

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

The desolation of smaug Miniatures

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:39 am

With the new film only a short time away, hopefully we will se some renewed action in The Hobbit/Lotr releases.

In preparation for this I was wondering what models everyone is looking forward to/hoping for the most?

Personally I hope we get a kickass Beorn figure (both Bear and Human form), A cool Bard figure, some armoured elves (Mirkwood variant) and of course a 15 part Smaug model that will be highly over priced. :P

I'm really not bothered about any more Bilbo, Gandalf or even Legolas miniatures (which we'll obviously get) as they should focus on other mini's not produce 6 variants of the same model in a 3 month period!

Anyway....what are you hoping for?

Come on Games Workshop, show us the meaning of haste!
King of the North!!

Squire

Re: The desolation of smaug Miniatures

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 am

I'm looking foward to Beorn mostly. I also have hope for plastic spiders.
Check out my scenic base thread- viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7305&start=10

Villager

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm looking forward to Thranduil and the unarmoured wood elves seen in the barrels scene, as the current wood elf sculpts are awful.

Squire

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Thrundial and armoured wood elves, would be nice to have all the major elven realms of the third age having some armour rather then going to war in their pajamas, especially if they match what we saw in the flash back of the sack of erebor and in the trailer.
I'm hoping the armoured elves will be in the starter, to give us a starter set that can actually be used for battles.

Warrior

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:43 pm

I don't really what models come out as long as the wood elves are good and they don't release another full rulebook. If they do release another book that will be £50 down the drain. If they do do another big book the rules better be the same and just contain the new profiles.
Lust,Gulttony,Greed,Sloth,Wrath,Envy,Pride.

Standard Bearer

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Smaug all the way!

Squire

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Lord Hyper wrote:Smaug all the way!

^ This. Although I fully expect the main talking pointing of the model will be the number of arms and legs GW is delusional into thinking it's customers will be willing to part with.

Warrior

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:26 pm

More spiders? Perhaps some new orcs and goblins? Probably not. I'm guessing we'll see Thorin's company released in every pose possible with finecast.

Standard Bearer

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Elves and orcs will be in the third movie, so they don't have to rush to make those, they have time. But seeing what we did get for Dwarves, I think we may.
All the characters will be first, probably wood elves but not sure if they will be armour versions.

Wait.. I am getting ahead of myself, I think it will be amazing if GW releases any models at all. From there I will be happy with any of them. Since they knocked off all the people who play near me I have not needed any of the rulebooks, so far that is $85 saved. Smaug should not cost much more than the mumak did, $75-80. I am still unsure that GW will make anything at all though.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Standard Bearer

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:01 am

I expect to see at least the following:

A sourcebook (instead of a hardback rulebook)

Plastic:
Armoured Mirkwood Elves
Giant spiders (six, in a small box similar to the Fell Wargs kit)
Orcs of Dol Guldur
Warriors of Laketown
Smaug

Finecast:
Thranduil on foot & mtd.
Legolas in Mirkwood armour
Tauriel
Bard
The Master of Laketown
Alfrid
The Necromancer
Beorn

I'm sure there's going to be other stuff too. Likely even more alternative sculpts of models we already have, as well as models we won't expect at this point in time.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Next
Return to General Discussions