Journey Book Playthrough

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Journey Book Playthrough

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:08 am

Hello all,

I was just curious how many of you have tried to play all three of The Lord of the Rings Journey Books as one continuous campaign. What are your thoughts on the campaign system in included in the books? I remember that a long while ago Games Workshop had a series of battle reports on their website that ran through the Fellowship of the Ring and I seem to recall most of the Fellowship being dead before the end of the first book. I'm a planning on playing the books through with my girlfriend and I don't want her to be too discouraged if the campaign rules are too harsh on the Fellowship. Any help is appreciated.

Standard Bearer

Re: Journey Book Playthrough

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:21 am

I've personally only played a few scenarios of those books, but a guy on the One Ring is doing the campaign at the moment (link: http://one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25054 ).
I do remember the campaign on the GW site you're talking about. I think that Fellowship stranded somewhere in Moria, if I remember correctly.
Also known as "Fëanor, the mighty elf"

Villager

Re: Journey Book Playthrough

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Wow! That's a really awesome thread he has going there! Thank you for pointing that out to me, Fëanor. That actually made my day. I'm only about halfway through reading it now. I now feel very inspired to sit down and paint what miniatures I still need to play through the first book.

Return to General Discussions