Beorn vs Treebeard

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Beorn vs Treebeard

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:56 pm

Ey guys lately I have been comparing Beorn and Treebeard with eachother. I must say I think Treebeard is much stronger compared to his points.I don't think thats fair, what are your thoughts?

Villager

Re: Beorn vs Treebeard

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:35 pm

I thought so when reading the rules.

Squire

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Treebeard is only 10 points less and ultimately the comparison must be made with Beorn's Bear form and not the Man.

The Bear and Treebeard have the same stats, though Treebeard has alot more Will. The Bear has Resistance to magic which can be argued to offset that. The Bear has Burly (if you ever need to carry something I guess), has Fearless (Treebeard is high courage but it is still possible for him to fail a courage test especially with enough abuse from a ringwraith), and has a special Brutal Power attack, though I guess some could argue that this is offset by the fact that it is limited use and the Bear has the charging Berzerk problem.

Ultimately when comparing the two, I think there is one factor that really give Beorn a nice edge, and that is the ability to change base size and height dramatically. Having large base is a disadvantage no matter what and being a large, tall target is great for enemy bowman. I think Beorn and Treebeard both have thier uses.

Villager

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:15 pm

I agree that both are quite good, I prefer Beorn because he has more options from a tactical standpoint, also he has an additional brutal power attack, so I'd take Beorn more often, personally

Villager

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

I don't get Beorn's brutal power attack though. It doesn't really ad something to te game. I think it's just as effective ore even less effective then a normal strike, which is incase of Beorn really a powerful strike with 3 dices and strength 8. :roll:

Return to General Discussions