Preferred Aragorn

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Preferred Aragorn

Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I know, due to cost, Aragorn isn't at the top of many people's lists for use. When you do use him though, which Aragorn do you prefer? What options do you like for him? I've used him a handful of times in many different variations (strider with options, isildur's heir, even king gorn). I think my favorite is Strider w/armor. He is still expensive but he has a 6D and 3s in all the right places. I've also used king gorn, but it is such a gamble to place so many points into a single unit, but on the other hand, Anduril is so cool!

Standard Bearer

Re: Preferred Aragorn

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Aragorn with armour (Helm's Deep version is my favourite model).

Villager

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Mine too 8-)

Villager

Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:39 am

jdizzy001 wrote:I know, due to cost, Aragorn isn't at the top of many people's lists for use. When you do use him though, which Aragorn do you prefer? What options do you like for him? I've used him a handful of times in many different variations (strider with options, isildur's heir, even king gorn). I think my favorite is Strider w/armor. He is still expensive but he has a 6D and 3s in all the right places. I've also used king gorn, but it is such a gamble to place so many points into a single unit, but on the other hand, Anduril is so cool!

Always take him with the Light Sabre.
Go big or go home :D
LOTR: 3000pts ANGMAR, 1200 MINAS TIRITH, 2000 DWARFS, 12000 ELVES. I HAVE A PROBLEM... not enough models. :mrgreen:

Villager

Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Lord Hyper wrote:Aragorn with armour (Helm's Deep version is my favourite model).

Lol, I remember back in the day we used to call that model "Dancing Aragorn".

Don't think I really have a favorite.

Villager

Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:02 am

Okay, now that I think about it I was mistaken. It wasn't the Helm's Deep Aragorn that used to be called "Dancing Aragorn", it was the Aragorn that came in the Amon Hen box. That Aragorn did not wear armor, and was in a goofier looking pose. :)

Return to General Discussions