Callum & Grandad's Middle Earth Armies - Orcs

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Callum & Grandad's Middle Earth Armies - Orcs

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:21 pm

My foray into Mordor stared out with the few plastic and metal orcs that came with the magazines and it just grew with some purchases of second hand figures and a few gifts from other wargamers. Now we have a sizeable force for the Dark Lord.

Cave Trolls

Mordor Trolls

Converted Standard bearer

Converted Captains

Rank and File
Converted spearorcs - if you are old enough you might recognise that the spear arms spare ones from the original Drastic Plastic orcs!

The Warg Riders

The Knights

The Boss

The Army

Squire

Re: Callum & Grandad's Middle Earth Armies - Orcs

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:06 am

Wow!
Great trolls and Morgul Knights, make nice contrasts with the bases.
Wouldn't make my orcs so brightly colorful - the shields and banners - but that is why it's refreshing to see someone else do it.

Villager

Re: Callum & Grandad's Middle Earth Armies - Orcs

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks, Callum and I decided not to go for the very dark, drab orcs on drab bases that many seem to use. The skin colours we decided should fit with the films (Callum's main pictorial source) but the clothes and shields we wanted to be different. There are quite a few conversions in amongst them. After all even the "goodies" - especially Gondor are quite dark so even there we added some brightness.

The basing is our standard wargames table emulsion green with some static grass.

Return to General Discussions