Dunedain

For general discussions on the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game and its expansions.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Dunedain

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 am

I have some of the old Dunedain of the North models, they are used in several of the old Fellowship scenarios. They are still available for purchase from GW as part of the "Arnor" army.

I also have some of the Ranger of the North minis, and it occurs to me that these do a better job of representing the Dunedain than Dunedain models do. Largely because they have the star of the Dunedain visible on the breast, and there is also a Halbarad mini who has the standard that Arwen gave her for Aragorn, which has Elendil's livery on it. Unfortunately, I believe the Halbarad miniature is out of print, but it goes along with the Rangers of the North models.

So I think I'm going to be replacing my Dunedain of the North with Ranger of the North minis. I actually like the Dunedain models themselves better, but I think the Rangers of the North do a better job of representing the Dunedain. They are more immediately recognizable as the Dunedain.

Not sure why GW released two sets of minis to represent the same thing, but oh well.

Squire

Re: Dunedain

Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 am

Yes, there are sort of a lot of rangers and Dunedains up there.

Return to General Discussions