Advertising on TLA

Let's hunt some Orc! For discussion of tactics and army lists for the LotR: Strategy Battle Game.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Advertising on TLA

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Hey folks,

Over the last few weeks we've had several incidents of people joining our website with the apparent sole intent of advertising models for sale, on websites and eBay. At TLA, we are a community, not an online market place. We do NOT want people to join solely to advertise - anyone doing so will have their thread locked, and be asked to not do it again. If they turn out to be an active member of the community, and they wish to advertise as part of that, we can accommodate that. In the new site, we may put in some system for allowing people of a certain rank or post count or something to advertise eBay auctions or put up things for swapping, but at the moment, we don't have that facility.

For those of you that are regular members, we don't have a problem with you popping up a thread about an eBay auction or asking about swaps - preferably in the Off Topic forum. What we want to avoid is becoming an advertising spot for eBay vendors.

I hope this clears things up for people, but if any of you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to post here, or drop any of the Rangers a message.

Thanks guys, Champ Out! :)
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Standard Bearer

Re: Advertising on TLA

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:54 am

Isn't there a way to make (I think) universal threads that can be seen in every forum? That way really important things like this would be seen everywhere, and so people trying to sell stuff would have no excuse for not seeing the warning. Otherwise they have to know to look here first.
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Warrior

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Done. :)
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Standard Bearer

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:06 pm

i was wonering why this was on the house rules section :P
Mark, Warlord of Ipswich
i have bad spelling bad spelling

Vajeeta! what does the the scouter say about his power levels!
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standard Bearer

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:38 pm

its in every forum
http://bdhobbymadness.blogspot.co.nz/

May the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

Return to SBG Army Building & Tactics