moria goblins useless

Let's hunt some Orc! For discussion of tactics and army lists for the LotR: Strategy Battle Game.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Re: moria goblins useless

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:21 pm

da krimson barun wrote:But has anybody noticed the fact that Blackshields have the same fight as a warrior?And that ancient enemy's has no effect anymore due to feinting.

I do feel the question "have people noticed" is a little redundant. Obviously we have noticed. The question is, what's the impact of that lower fight value? Losing to higher FV opponents, obviously. But always having a lower FV means using the Special Strikes that lower your FV is never a bad thing. It can also be counted by various supporting buffs, such as Bat Swarms, Shades, the Dark Marshall, to name but a few. And, of course, simply by picking your fights, you can maximise your opportunity to win and kill. Given their high defence, and that they should be supported by Fury (usually on a 5+), they can likely also stand up to losing a combat or two.

Ancient Enemy is still useful if you choose not to army your Blackshields with swords.

The general rule at Games Workshop stores is that, as SuicidalMarsbar said, if a model is produced for it, you should use it. It's usually easier, especially if you're playing opponents you haven't met before, for them to be able to look at your army and plainly see what is what. But, for things like Prowlers with Shield, conversions are your best way. I have 24 of these beauties myself, and they've seen me through several tournaments well. Now, however, I prefer Blackshields in my current setup.
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Squire

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Very clever lotrchampion.. I should give my blackshields something better then a sword...Axes are fun.Very fun..for the owner.
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warrior

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm

da krimson barun wrote:Very clever lotrchampion.. I should give my blackshields something better then a sword...Axes are fun.Very fun..for the owner.

Axes are ok, but situational. I like to have some swords as well, as they are effective against everyone. And I'm a big fan of flails. We had quite a nice discussion about them a while ago, here. Definitely worth a read if you're interested.
James

Up for a game in Nottingham? Drop me a PM to arrange a battle!

Villager

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Many at my local store fear my all moria goblin army.

5+ fury, tons of models (which is tons of trapping) and I am usually rolling 2-4 more dice in the fight than they are.

Early on, their heroes do well until I force them to use up all their might to cancel all the fight dice I throw.

If you are good at creating traps then you can do some damage with a huge horde army in this game.

Squire

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Scratch axes flails are actually better and I have the materials needed already
IZ A ORK.DAT MEANS IZ STOMPIER KILLIER AND BETTER DEN YOU RUNTZ.WAAAAAAAAA......................GGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Site Admin

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 am

Moria Goblins are very competitive, I have an army I use from time to time and it swamps most opponents in a green tide of stabby little lunatics.

I don't personally consider the Fight Value to be a big impediment, since you should outnumber most opponents (or have spent the difference on Monsters!) but if it is the thing you struggle with most consider allying in a Shade.
It's fun to play Goblins vs Elves and be the one who says "6, I win".

If you like, you could post your army lists that you consider useless and see if anyone can help improve them.

Standard Bearer

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:38 am

da krimson barun wrote:Scratch axes flails are actually better and I have the materials needed already

You know what arrows are for? Killing flail armed models and by extension anyone trying to shield them.

Squire

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:12 pm

The only bows my enemy has are 5 or bows.against the 17 shots that come his way..

Standard Bearer

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:43 pm

da krimson barun wrote:The only bows my enemy has are 5 or bows.against the 17 shots that come his way..

Sounds like a design flaw.

Villager

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 am

da krimson barun wrote:Scratch axes flails are actually better and I have the materials needed already

indeed axes flails is better
who says pink weapon is only for girls? smoke shop is for boys!

PreviousNext
Return to SBG Army Building & Tactics