Adding Morgul Knights to an Easterling force

Let's hunt some Orc! For discussion of tactics and army lists for the LotR: Strategy Battle Game.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Adding Morgul Knights to an Easterling force

Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:16 am

Hi there,

I've been playing Easterlings for about a year now, and I've come to the conclusion that they really either need to be allied to something cheaper, or have allied units that pack a real punch.

I've been tossing up adding in a squad of Morgul Knights, led by the Knight of Umbar. What is everyone's experience with playing with them, and do you think they would make a good inclusion?

Any and all advice will be taken on board.

Cheers :)
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side." - Treebeard

Site Admin

Re: Adding Morgul Knights to an Easterling force

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:47 am

I have a few Morgul Knights that I am adding to my easterlings. They should fit in quite nicely, especially with matching paintjobs. I usually find the Kataphracts are pretty good at their jobs though. They may not have lances, but they are durable and get knock down bonuses on the charge at a very decent 14pts.
You're paying 6 more for terror, lance and one higher fight and courage value when you buy Morguls instead - that's a decent amount of bonuses, but it's still 6pts :D .

Villager

Re: Adding Morgul Knights to an Easterling force

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Maybe I just need to field more of them. I tend to find that my Kataphrakts very quickly become target practice for archers, and once they are down they are just expensive Easterling warriors. At least with the Morgul Knights they should still hold their own on foot.
"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side." - Treebeard

Return to SBG Army Building & Tactics