Army Painting Challenge 2012 January-June

Having trouble getting anything painted?
Join the challenge

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Re: Army Painting Challenge 2012 January-June

Postby Eldarion Telcontar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Sithious wrote:Ok...you have me curious. I have been known to be able to crank out an army in a year...but the past 6 months I have had other priorities. But I mentioned this new contest/challenge to my girlfriend (and mother of my daughter) and she thinks I should enter...
double edged sword when your woman says you should do something you enjoy, could backfire. ha ha.

So...I am sort of on the fence about it, and have yet to decide which army I would do if I go for it. But I look forward to following along as people W.I.P.

If you're willing to consider non-GW models, have a look at Gripping Beast's and Wargames Factory's Anglo-Saxon and Viking ranges. They both do good quality but cheap plastic kits and Gripping Beast has some good metals at a great price (4 for £5 is typical). The casting quality obviously isn't as good as GW's (or rather, as good as GW's metals) but you get what you pay for and I'm absolutely happy with the metals I have.

Large infantry based forces for Rohan and Dunland would be very easy and cheap to make using the plastic kits, and you could even do a Rohan cavalry force if you're happy to get lots of metals (and in comparison to GW's metals/Finecast it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg).
Eldarion Telcontar
Standard Bearer

Postby Sithious » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:34 am

Decided to sit the first one out. I just won't be done my small amount of Mordor I have left in time to start an army for this. But since this ends in June and I have vacation in July..well it would be a perfect time to jump on the next one and I will be into different armies at that time. But I have set a goal to see if I can finish 30 models by June just to see if it is workable in my schedule (painted at my normal standard). Have fun guys.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/
Sithious
Standard Bearer

Postby hixont » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 am

There's an easy fix Sithious. Lower your standards and ignore the family. :-)
hixont
Standard Bearer

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Just a quick reminder that this month doesn't finish until 5th February, so there's still some time to paint/take pictures.
Month 2 starts today (1st Feb) and ends 29th Feb. (little overlap due to late start)
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:15 pm

March has started, and will finish on the 31st. February has ended, apart from or Hixont and Elentir, who I've spoken to via PM, and if anyone would still like to join there is time
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Postby Chris Guard of Mardat » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Just thought I'd say a big well done to everyone so far, and keep up the good work. It's the final month, and I look forwards to seeing your finished armies.
Chris Guard of Mardat
Standard Bearer

Previous

Return to Army Painting Challenge