February LotR Releases Available for Advance Order

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Warrior

Re: February LotR Releases Available for Advance Order

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:29 am

I really like the plastic fellbeast - might actually have to purchase one now (I've been holding out for awhile.) Although the side view with the armored helmet doesn't look nearly as awesome as the normal head IMO. I'm also not sure of the scaly look on the neck and legs (seems almost like chainmail) but I don't think it's anything that a different paintjob and/or some greenstuff won't fix.

Thrydan also seems pretty cool - I especially like the mounted iteration. The picture currently on GW makes the unmounted version's axe look incredibly undersized. I hope it's the angle, if not it's still fixable (but a bit more of a pain cause it's metal.) I'm a bit confused about his being mounted though - is he going to the the only mounted Dunlending?

Grimbold looks pure awesome.

I can't decide about Eomer. The motion of the horse just looks unnatural. Besides looking like it's just been tasered - the tail is straight back (like the mounted ringwraiths that are charging forward) while the horse itself looks like its screeching to a halt (in which case it's tail would not be flying back.) I think I'll just pass or at least change the position of the tail...

That said, I like Saruman. I think the paintjob with the open mouth and wide-looking eyes could've been a bit better in that sense - but I'm not going to blame an otherwise good model for that.
...a shapeless fear lived within the ruined walls. The Nine Riders issued forth from the gates of horror, and we could not withstand them. Do not approach their citadel. It is a place of sleepless malice, full of lidless eyes...

Warrior

Location: Cambridge,England,Europe,Earth,Solar system,Galaxy,Universe,

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:25 pm

CreatureFear wrote:That said, I like Saruman. I think the paintjob with the open mouth and wide-looking eyes could've been a bit better in that sense - but I'm not going to blame an otherwise good model for that.

I think he looks too much like gandalf
The only epic move you know is the epic fail

Warrior

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 am

the tower of orthanc wrote:
CreatureFear wrote:That said, I like Saruman. I think the paintjob with the open mouth and wide-looking eyes could've been a bit better in that sense - but I'm not going to blame an otherwise good model for that.

I think he looks too much like gandalf

The foot versions would've looked the same if they hadn't given Gandalf his sword - there's bound to be a ton of similarities since they're both iterations of "The White Wizard": long white hair, long white beard, long white robe...
...a shapeless fear lived within the ruined walls. The Nine Riders issued forth from the gates of horror, and we could not withstand them. Do not approach their citadel. It is a place of sleepless malice, full of lidless eyes...

Previous
Return to News