Rohan Confirmed by GW/WD

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Squire

Re: Rohan Confirmed by GW/WD

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:42 am

Agreed, the current Dunlending models are my favourites in the entire range, and a new plastic of them would mean a 1000pt army built by me, and 3 other people of my group.
Warning: Knows Math.

Standard Bearer

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 am

nemo wrote:Thrydan Wolfsbane, take it he is a dundeling character? Hopefully this means a redux on Dundeling Warrior and Wildmen (slightly less out but still) stats and some plastics, hopefully in the same style!
Im sure many people will be happy with mounted saruman, and if they do a mounted grima just the same.
Are/Is Helmingas a new troop type or a hero's name? Could be the Helms Guard mentioned in LoME, but I always thought Sons of Eorl where their replacements.
I reckon there is a good chance that Eomer will get a new stat line aswell to represent him as king, sort of something like shagrat got, and old and new stat line. Hopefully a nice mounted Eomer model aswell!

Take it this will be a WD release aswell, which issue will it be and when will it come out roughly, last week january? or last week feb?

Nemo

Thrydan is your average Rohan-hating Dunlending hero indeed, he's in WotR. This release doesn't seem to include plastics and I wouldn't count on them, no matter how welcome they are. The Helmingas could be Helm's Guard or so yes, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue. Would surprise me if those were indeed released, seeing how they aren't in WotR (right?). I would say a new statline for Éomer would be very nice (at last!), and quite a possibility seeing how even Haldir has two profiles now. I just hope this new Éomer stats aren't as useless as that 2nd Haldir. I guess these will also be some of those WD 'reinforcements' yes.

Villager

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:42 am

What about the Dunlending Horsemen and Royalbloods/Huscarls? Aren't they also in WotR?
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Villager

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 pm

horsemen are but there is no mention of royal bloods or huscarls

Squire

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 pm

There are huscarls, wild men, and horsemen. No Royalbloods for Dunlendings, those were for Rohan.
Warning: Knows Math.

Standard Bearer

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:05 am

More news!
A release date and some additional knowledge..

20th of Feb.

Other news, Eomer is a sole mounted model, akin to the Theoden (Pelennor), model and the Helmingas will be splash release. Also, on a related note, there is a campaign in February's White Dwarf called 'The White Horse and the White Hand' where Adam Troke pits the forces of Isengard against the Men of Rohan.

Once again thanks to Scryer in the Darkness!

Standard Bearer

Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Helmingas probably are Grimbolds Helmingas, a lengendary formation from WOTR
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all those who wander are lost.

I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and with my life I will protect you...

From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring.

Anduril! Anduril goes to war!

Squire

Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:45 pm

What exactly does this helmingas legendary formation consist of ? what is the basic unit ??

Standard Bearer

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:51 pm

I feel silly for asking again, but what is a splash release exactly again? Is it released in shops for the first bit then mail order from then on?

Nemo

Villager

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Exactly as you wrote :|

Cheers,
James

PreviousNext
Return to News