Tales of Middle Earth Updates

For all LOTR news, new releases and sneak peaks.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

Tales of Middle Earth Updates

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:38 am

I am going to use this thread to keep everyone up to date with what is going on at ToME. First up a new terrain article:

Balin's Tomb was a mausoleum of white marble that was located deep within Moria. This is an article that will show you how to make a modular Balin's Tomb board that is detailed and easy to store.

Villager

Re: Tales of Middle Earth Updates

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:46 am

Farmer Maggot was a Hobbit who at the time of the War of the Ring owned a farm called Bamfurlong in the Marish in the Eastfarthing of the Shire

This article not only shows how to make the farm house but various outbuildings such as dog kennels and stables as well as various fields.

Squire

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:26 am

Wow! This is good. When I one day get into Shire with my projects, this will be done. Especially I liked the field.

Villager

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 am

Glad you like it! We recorded a battle report on the board and its a really fun set up to play on:
A pitched battle of The Shire Vs Isengard set on Farmer Maggots Farm.

Villager

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:41 am

Crickhollow is a small settlement in Buckland, located a short way to the northeast of Brandy Hall.

Its most notable spot is an isolated house standing back from the lane in the middle of a wide lawn. It is surrounded by low trees inside an outer hedge, and there are no other dwellings nearby. This house is occasionally occupied with Brandybuck Hobbits who grew tired of the often crowded Brandy Hall.

Squire

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Going to build my Shire (maybe when I retire...)

Site Admin

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:14 pm

Kalle wrote:Going to build my Shire (maybe when I retire...)

Life sized? :D

Squire

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:00 am

Good idea! Maybe with a bit higher ceilings.

Villager

Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 am

A life sized Shire would be awesome!

An ancient Numenorean mausoleum within the eaves of the forest of some long forgotten lord now serves as the Lair of the Spiderqueen. Games Workshop in the Fall of the Necromancer had a terrain guide to build a lair, but this article takes it to a better and more detailed standard.

Villager

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 am

Old Man Willow was a great willow tree of the Old Forest; he was the root cause of much of the Forest's anger and hatred toward the trespassing of the walking things that pass through there.

Learn how to make Old Man Willow in this article. The technique discussed within could also be applied to make generic trees.

Next
Return to News