[SBG] Profile Locations

For all questions and clarifications concerning the Strategy Battle Game rules.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Standard Bearer

Re: [SBG] Profile Locations

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 am

Erthoron wrote:So where would we be able to get the profiles for the no-longer-produced issues? If anywhere. Other than buying the issue in question from someone.

By e-mailing GW. If enough people do so, they might finally put them up in the WD archive.
Armies:
Kingdoms of Men(Minas Tirith, Fiefdoms, Arnor), The Free Peoples(Durin's Folk, The Fellowship, The Wanderers in the Wild, The White Council), Mordor, The Fallen Realms(Isengard, Harad and Umbar, The Eastern Kingdoms), Moria & Angmar

Standard Bearer

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:54 pm

i've got an idea.....
Mark, Warlord of Ipswich
i have bad spelling bad spelling

Vajeeta! what does the the scouter say about his power levels!
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:16 pm

I've been away from the game for a while and I'd like to thank you for the list, it is exactly what I needed.

I'd like to suggest three litle changes though. The Witch King is listed as appearing in the main rules and Ruin of Arnor, but that isn't the most current version.

In the Mordor book, the Witch King gains the option of the Morgul crown to increase his attacks from 1 to 3. The versions in the ORB and Ruin of Arnor don't have that option.

All the references to "Ruins of Arnor" should be "Ruin of Arnor".

Unless the numbering is different in England, the White Dwarf with profiles for Faramir Captain of Ithilien, Duinhir, Blackroot Vale Archers, the Dwimmerlaik, and Mauhur is number 365 instead of 366. I've got the US white dwarf #365 and it's got the profiles in it.

Standard Bearer

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:15 pm

White Dwarf in england is one higher than the U.S.A.
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Warrior

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 am

Ring_of_Gyges wrote:I've been away from the game for a while and I'd like to thank you for the list, it is exactly what I needed.

I'd like to suggest three litle changes though. The Witch King is listed as appearing in the main rules and Ruin of Arnor, but that isn't the most current version.

In the Mordor book, the Witch King gains the option of the Morgul crown to increase his attacks from 1 to 3. The versions in the ORB and Ruin of Arnor don't have that option.

All the references to "Ruins of Arnor" should be "Ruin of Arnor".

Unless the numbering is different in England, the White Dwarf with profiles for Faramir Captain of Ithilien, Duinhir, Blackroot Vale Archers, the Dwimmerlaik, and Mauhur is number 365 instead of 366. I've got the US white dwarf #365 and it's got the profiles in it.

It is mentioned under the "How to Use" section:
Also, there are many profiles found in the ORB - however most of these profiles are updated with additional gear options, etc in later sourcebooks. If you want the most up-to-date rules they are found in the sourcebooks not the ORB.

Listing the descrepancies among profiles in all the published material would become a logistical nightmare, and isn't the primary purpose of the thread.

Thanks for your "Ruins" to "Ruin" catch. It's been fixed.

Sithous answered your other query (though at a later date I might add in both WD#s for each country).

Thanks.
...a shapeless fear lived within the ruined walls. The Nine Riders issued forth from the gates of horror, and we could not withstand them. Do not approach their citadel. It is a place of sleepless malice, full of lidless eyes...

Squire

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 pm

I believe The Witch king, ringwraith and Khamul the Easterling are also found in the Mordor sourcebook.
Singles GT 2011: 11th
Singles GT 2012: 11th
Doubles GT 2012: 11th

Warrior

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:05 am

Ar-Pharazon wrote:I believe The Witch king, ringwraith and Khamul the Easterling are also found in the Mordor sourcebook.

Fixed, thanks.
...a shapeless fear lived within the ruined walls. The Nine Riders issued forth from the gates of horror, and we could not withstand them. Do not approach their citadel. It is a place of sleepless malice, full of lidless eyes...

Standard Bearer

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 pm

So far every single model I have looked up on the GW site has the SBG profile, and all the WotR Warband Profiles that the model is in with all stats. So I guess you only need the rulebook for 'how to play'.
I have copied and pasted all the profiles I have missed from books onto a spread sheet.
pretty sweet, burn all the books or sell em on ebay!
http://www.sithious.webs.com
"So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their ending!" \m/

Squire

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:37 am

There are a couple random holes which only have WotR versions. I was away from my books and looking for Gildor's rules only to be disappointed by the website.

Warrior

Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:59 pm

So is the English white dwarf 375 the one with the goblin Gundabad Blackshields.
Lust,Gulttony,Greed,Sloth,Wrath,Envy,Pride.

PreviousNext
Return to SBG Rules Queries