To wound

For all questions and clarifications concerning the Strategy Battle Game rules.

Moderators: Rangers, Leaders

Villager

To wound

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:49 am

When rolling to wound after you win a fight, If two dice are above the needed dice number, Does the target suffer two wounds or just one ?

Villager

Re: To wound

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:44 am

Two wounds - Ouch! ouch!

Villager

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:08 pm

In the fight roll, Do you just have to roll the higher dice? for example, if i roll 3 dice and get two 6's and a 1, Do i still three dice to wound ? or do i just roll the highest dice ?

Villager

Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:04 pm

If you win even with one die you get all three dice to hit. So if you roll 6, 6, 1 and win you get 3 dice to wound. Let us say that Dwalin wins and is fighting 4 goblins set up as 2 in base-to-base contact and two supports. Dwalin rolls his 3 dice and by excellent fortune scores 3 wounds. Only the two goblins in base-to-base contact are killed the third wound is "lost" as it falls on an already "dead" goblin.

However, if he was fighting the Goblin Captain and 2 other goblins in base-to-base contact, then Dwalin needs to allocate which of his "to wound" rolls are targeting the Captain and which the goblins before he rolls them. He may say 2 against the captain and 1 against the goblin, one against each or all three against the captain.

Return to SBG Rules Queries